Right. According to my Nike+ app, I did 6 runs this past week but I know for a fact that one of them was a walk so it doesn’t count. At Nike run club on Monday we were given the option of a 6km or 8km run, which was kind of stressful for me because every other time you’ve been able to choose from 6km or 3km. Obviously I opted for the 6km, which went surprisingly okay. I did walk for parts of it though. I’ve decided I’m not one of those people who, when they’re tired, likes to slow down to a really slow run. I like to just stop. I like to fast walk for a bit then run again. I feel like it exerts less energy. I could run-walk-run-walk-run for a really long time, I feel. Much longer than a continuous run.
- Lonely Hearts opened up shop within The Department Store on Saturday, which means I now have a place (other than Area 51) to go where I can see and try on pretty much the whole collection. They’ve also got the full Lonely lingerie range in there too. El perfecto.
- You will have seen this already, but I can’t get the song out of my head.
- I got to play dress-ups on camera for Isaac’s ‘Maybelline New York to NZ‘ web series. More on that later.
- James got a whole bunch of stickers made when he was in Korea and he’s been dishing them out all over the show. You might’ve seen them. I don’t really know why we’re hashtagging them or putting them places or what the purpose of the whole exercise is but I do know that it’s often like this with James and he always knows what he’s doing so I roll with it. #hapifriend
- Chicken in a bag. You know those roast chickens you can make that are already bagged and seasoned and with stuffing in them? Yeah they’ve probably got weird preservatives in them but I’m obsessed.
- Hey, so after that whole spiel last week about how you should get in quick for tickets to Ella’s show (Lorde), I missed out! I went online at 9:02am and they were already sold out in both Auckland and Wellington. Luckily enough, my friend Sarah remembered to hit the refresh button at work, as soon as the clock turned, and she had bought an extra. Phew. I imagine the same thing happened to many others and there are a tonne of people missing out. So sad! (But so good for Ella.)
- Does anyone else keep up with The Office? (The US version, I mean.) Is it just me or did it start getting bad? I really love that show and I was such a dedicated watcher until that farm episode a couple of weeks ago where Dwight goes off to his family farm. I know that was just an introduction to his spin-off show, but ever since then the jokes haven’t been as good, and now it just makes me feel sad. How many episodes ’til the end? I don’t know, but I hope it ends on a high.
- My blood tests results came back and one of the possible reasons I’m feeling so tired is because I have a little bit of a B12 deficiency. Anyway, the worst part of it is the fact that I need to have a shot of B12 a month for the next three months and I hate injections. Any kind of shot is terrible, but anything that goes into a vein is the absolute worst. Not cool.
- People who are time optimists. I feel like everybody I know except for me is a time optimist. No, you can’t drive from Mission Bay to the CBD and find a park and come to meet me in 10 minutes, so don’t tell me you’ll be here in 10!
- Years ago a bunch of my flatmates and friends and I went and played Laser Strike (aka. laser tag) at Megazone on the weekend. Before I tell you the rest of the story you have to take several things into consideration – firstly, I hadn’t played laser strike since I was a kid, secondly, I was playing in a team with extreme boys, including my xbox-obsessed, pretty competitive boyfriend and our flatmate with the same love for gaming. We were losing against a team of 8-12 year old boys, partly due to the fact that I wasn’t scoring any points. People were getting frustrated – I mean, it’s kind of humiliating when a bunch of kids are owning you in a game, and when one of your team members sucks (ie. me), it can be pretty stressful. I was feeling panicked, and in a brief mental and moral lapse I decided that it would be a good idea to go hard for the one target I knew I could gain points off: a 3 year old boy. I followed that boy around for a good 6 minutes before realising that I was the biggest piece of shit person of all time. Three years old, being followed and shot at by a twenty-something psycho girl. He wasn’t even on his own, he was being led around the maze with his dad. Completely shameful.
- I used to drink out of the bottle on the reg at my old flat. Sorry guys.
- When I was 15, near the end of year in the middle of school exams my friend Kate and I decided it would be a great idea to get our bellybuttons pierced. For YEARS I had that thing, several years. Even when I started hating it I kept the barbell thing in because I had grown some kind of weird attachment to it and was scared of what would happen if I took it out. Kate was the first to cave, I followed straight after. And not a moment too soon. I still have the scar, and I’m pretty sure the hole hasn’t closed up, it’s just like that forever. Every time I look down at it I feel disgust.
- When I was 7 or 8 years old in Room 7 at primary school, I used to get given white Tip-Top bread, butter and ham sandwiches for lunch pretty much every day.( To this day I cannot eat one.) I also used to get a little bag of chips or a cookie, and some kind of fruit. This one particular day was a banana. I didn’t want to eat my banana but I had been forewarned by my mother that if I weren’t to consume it, I would be in big trouble. The teachers were pretty onto it too. I remember once trying to throw my banana in the bin and being reprimanded for it and made to eat it anyway. So anyway, I had a plan. I got my stupid banana and I took it into the girls bathroom and I flushed it down the toilet. No evidence! Or so I thought. Within a couple of hours, it was made clear that the girls bathrooms in our block were, well, blocked. The plumbing was fucked. The teachers were fucked off. They made everyone stay in so they could ask who had put something down the loo. I stayed silent. This went on for a while, and just as I was getting extreme guilt and about to confess, some kid said they’d seen this other girl eating a banana at lunchtime near the bathrooms. She denied it. They reprimanded her anyway. I never spoke up. I am the worst.
- One time I kissed another boy when I was dating a guy named Matt. I would’ve been about 18 or 19. I never told Matt, partly because I didn’t feel that guilty and partly because I didn’t want to deal with the consequences. You may be happy to know that karma exists because he found out when I was in the bathroom and he was snooping in my room and read it in my diary.
- Oh yeah, I had a diary. :-/
How can it possibly be the end of week 4 already? I don’t want to be clichéd and say ‘time flies’ but time literally does fly. What the hell, man? I now have less than two weeks to go from a piddly 4.5km to 10km. Not cool man, not cool.
This week, like the previous ones, has had its ups and downs. It’s been a bit of a struggle. Firstly, getting back into it after falling off in Sydney wasn’t easy. Mondays 3km felt like the first 3km I ever did and I think running with other people works against me. There’s too much pressure, the crowding, the feeling of others in your general surroundings – it freaks me out. Secondly, the crappy weather has been in full force this week which is not conducive to high levels of motivation to get up and face said elements. Thirdly, the extreme tiredness I’ve been feeling hasn’t helped, but I had a blood test on Friday so we’ll see, maybe I have a legitimate excuse for being lazy.
- Hey, this hasn’t happened this week so it’s kind of a false high of the week but for everyone who’s been asking, Lorde‘s playing her first proper Auckland show on May the 9th (and her Wellington one on May the 10th), so if you want to get in on one of the 300 or so tickets that are going to be available, you need to wake up in time to buy one for $25, online from 9:00am Monday (tomorrow) morning, here. I saw her perform a couple of weeks ago and it was off the chain, so I suggest you get in quick smart.
- I went behind the scenes at a Number One Shoes shoot on Friday afternoon and it was crazy to see how much goes into a shoot. I mean, I’ve been at shoots before but this one had the most equipment I’ve ever seen. #technical. Also, the most amount of clothes I’ve ever seen for four looks. More on this later.
- This video that I have rediscovered and been rewatching over and over and over again. “STAY ON YOUR SIDE!”
- I never thought I would ever be saying this but I dyed my hair for the first time since I was 14 and had red streaks (…that happened) and you won’t be able to tell because it’s basically the same colour, but it’s SHINIER. It was this Wella Illumina colour and now it’s all salon shiny and I have no colouring regrets whatsoever. Not like last time.
- I love my doctor. Her name is Michelle and she is pretty much the nicest doctor I’ve ever had. So sympathetic. Such good beside manner. When I was a kid I used to see this other guy who was okay but I never liked him that much and then he left and then I saw another guy and he was just so gruff and unsympathetic and blunt, especially to someone like me who goes to the doctor a lot because they sometimes have hypochondriac tendencies, and I didn’t like him at all really, so Michelle is my lifesaver and I hope she stays my doctor FOREVER.
- I’m currently watching the intro to X-Factor and it looks amazing. This might be premature but it looks entertaining guys, entertaining! I went to one live session which didn’t really seem like it does on tv, but you know, good editing and stuff.
- I mentally cannot run more than 5km. I do not know what it is but I just can’t seem to push through in my head. I literally bargain with myself the whole way and even if my legs aren’t too tired and I’m still breathing, I can’t MENTALLY keep going. How will I get to 10km by the 4th of May? How?
- If you have that weird gross feeling in the back of your throat but the rest of you feels fine, is there still time to rid the flu before it fully settles in?
This may seem a little like old news because I’ve been so slow to post, but it’s worth posting anyway. Almost a month ago I was invited to an event to celebrate Blak going into The Department Store, and the launch of their ‘Blak Love’ line in TopShop UK. There were a few models (from 62) in the collection (combined with shoes from Chaos & Harmony) so I got a few snaps of them. My favourite pieces? The dress on Hannah, and the dress on Alyssa, and the shorts on Madison. See below: