- I RAN 10KM YESTERDAY FOR NIKE SHE RUNS! More on this later, but in short: It was actually kind of fun, I got to the end! I ran-walked it, I did not die, I did not come last, I did not get blisters, I feel like something is wrong with my left ankle.
- The Fraser Suites. Like I said yesterday, an amazing place to stay. If you’re ever planning a trip to Sydney, factor in the Fraser Suites.
- The Opening Ceremony x Adidas collection dropped into Area 51 on Tuesday night and there was a shindig for it, complete with Adidas three-stripe cocktails, ready-lawn displays and toffee macarons. My favourite thing? This tennis dress.
- It was a week of events because on Wednesday I got to go to this Moet* launch thing at Soul bar – basically if you buy a glass of Moet at Soul bar this month, you get a gold Moet ball which kind of looks like what I think the golden snitch would look like in Harry Potter, except minus the wings. Anyway, 1 in every 5 of the Moet gold balls is a prize, and at the end of the month they are doing a big prize draw and the winner wins a trip for two to bloody Dolphin Island in Fiji – and get this: you have the island to yourselves (and the Dolphin Island staff, obviously). How mental is that?! I can’t tell if it would be awesome or not, I mean, what if you had a fight?
- Thursday night was this party at Mexico to celebrate the opening of their new dining room – basically a place where you can now book for 10 or more people (as opposed to not being able to book at all), and as part of the hoo-rah, we got to eat and learn how to make margaritas. WHO THOUGHT BARTENDING COULD BE SO FUN?
- In short it was a good ass week for events.
- Ate at The Late Night Diner on Ponsonby Road. A couple of things: order the Bacon Croquettes, you won’t regret it. Also, get the homemade lemonade. I was too full to try the Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondant but I’m going to preempt myself and say that you should probably try that too.
- Okay, so I ran 10km, and I did it in 1 hour and 7 minutes and 40 seconds or something, according to my Nike app, but I don’t have an official race time and I don’t know why! I looked at the results and I my name doesn’t even come up in the search! IT’S LIKE I WAS NEVER THERE AT ALL! *cries, smashes left ankle against wall*
- Couldn’t get to sleep last night, the last thing I remember was looking at the clock and it reading 2:30am, then waking up at 6:37am and not being able to sleep then. We checked out of the hotel at 11:00am, so had to occupy ourselves out of the comforts of our rooms for a good 5 hours. I’m dead tired. Could be worse, but.
- Currently at airport waiting for delayed flight. So far the delay is only 30 minutes, but you know, it still sucks. I want to go home!
*FYI for those who don’t know already, the ‘t’ in Moet is not silent. It is pronounced. Like, MoeT. Anyway, just saying.