All Images/Derek Henderson for Stolen Girlfriends Club.
About 20 minutes ago the new Stolen Girlfriends Club Autumn/Winter 2012 campaign imagery was presented to me, I came across this shot and had to share it with you. It’s my favourite of the lot. There are several reasons for this:
- Firstly, I really like cornflakes. Well, I don’t really eat cereal that often (read: at all) but if I were to choose any cereal in the world as my favourite, it would probably be cornflakes. They might be boring, but with a bit of sugar sprinkled on top they can really be quite delightful. But I digress. I like that they’ve used cornflakes.
- Secondly, the cornflakes are Homebrand. Extra points for this.
- Thirdly, we all know I think Georgia Fowler is a fecking good model, and it was shot by Derek Henderson and we all know Derek Henderson is my favourite New Zealand photographer.
- Fourthly, there’s just so much going on in this photo. It’s just so damn interesting, there’s a tonne of things to look at and it’s just kind of refreshing to see a campaign image that isn’t super clean and minimalist.
- Fifthly, there’s something nice about how Stolen Girlfriends Club has their brand guidelines down. They have amazing marketing skills and there’s no doubt these photos fit in perfectly with their target audience. They know the kind of image to present and they stick with it and that’s what makes them incredibly successful. High fives for that.
See some of my other favourites from the campaign and credits, below.
Continue reading ‘This is my favourite shot from the Stolen Girlfriends Club Autumn/Winter 2012 campaign.’
Have any of you seen any of these shots yet? They’re from the new Huffer Spring/Summer 2011-2012, ‘Coming Attraction’ campaign and I love them a lot. I am not one to gush over campaign shots that often, but I do think that this one is worth mentioning. After seeing so many shiny, perfect, airbrushed campaigns, it’s refreshing to see something with a little grit.
The model choice is perfect – they’ve used Alyssa (62 Models), Tia (Clyne) and Kitty (Red Eleven) who are all beautiful girls and fantastic models (and I think Alyssa is definitely one to watch) – and combined them with a couple of edgy boys (Jimmy Mac and Isaac from N Model Management). They go well together and it all just looks so natural to me. The sun, the setting, the candid expressions. It really sells the brand to me. Well done Huffer.
Note: In semi-related news, Huffer is expanding and has opened a new store on Nuffield Street. It’s open for business this week so make sure you check it out for this new summer collection – that denim jacket on Alyssa (above) and the white pleat front, sleeveless dress on Tia (fifth photo below)? Amazing.
Continue reading ‘Huffer's Spring/Summer 2011-2012 Coming Attraction campaign is the best thing since sliced bread.’
Various things I'll be looking out for during the VOSN. L-R Top: Ginger & Smart, Karen Walker x 2 (available at Maximillia), Kate Sylvester, Dion Lee (available at My Catwalk). L-R Bottom: Manning Cartell, Alice McCall, Ginger & Smart, Kate Sylvester. All Images/via respective designers.
What are you planning on doing tonight? If you are anything like me and you usually spend your Wednesday evenings either tucked up infront of the telly and bored to tears, or tucked up infront of your laptop and bored to tears, 1. I feel your pain, and 2. have no fear, I have the answer to your Wednesday night restlessness: online shopping. More specifically, the Vogue Online Shopping Night (VOSN).
“Whatttt?”, you ask. “What you talkin’ ’bout?” Let me tell you. From 5:00pm Australian time (7:00pm New Zealand time) today, a whole bunch of local and international brands are going on an online sale frenzy for the VOSN. I’m talking all sorts of online shopping deals (discounts, gifts with purchase, free shipping etc), from all sorts of amazing brands (Alice McCall, Kate Sylvester, Therese Rawsthorne etc) for one night only.
The list of deals is pretty long and it would be ridiculous for me to write about them all here, but these are my picks of the bunch:
- Kate Sylvester: 30% off Winter 2011 stock. Hop onto her e-store, here. (That purple sweater above? That is MINE.)
- Alice McCall: Liked the look of her frocks at RAFW? Get your own piece of McCall from her online shop. She’s got 40% off full-price Winter stock, and an additional 20% off already reduced items.
- Manning Cartell: Grab that cardigan (bottom left) at a bargain tonight, because all Manning Cartell’s Winter 2011 stock is 30% off.
- Want to get your hands on some cheap(er) Karen Walker? (or Lonely Hearts, Twenty-Seven Names etc) Hop on to Maximillia. They’ve got 30% all full price stock and you get a free piece of Karen Walker for Sretsis jewellery with your order. (Enter promotional code: VOGUE at the checkout.)
- MyCatwalk.com has got a deal for those of you who have trouble making quick decisions. Want that Dion Lee dress above? Can’t decide? They’ve got 50% off vouchers valid for full priced items, 3 months from issue. (Enter promotional code: VOGUE at the checkout.)
None of those take your fancy? For the full list of deals, check here. Happy Shopping!
There are a couple of reason that I had to post this.
- I think the actual Qubic Christmas Wish List idea is pretty cool, and
- The campaign image is of my brother in a dress. (Ha!)
Firstly, let’s address what everyone cares about the most – and that is the image. Two things to note:
Continue reading ‘No more stink gifts!’
Scan/20th Century Fashion, by Jim Heimann and Alison A Neider.
The first thing that pops to mind when I see this is ad is “oh my, does that really work?”
The second is, “how?!”