- Did I tell you I am now officially a full time employee with full time salary? The last time I was a full time salaried employee was in 2010. I forgot how nice it is to get a real pay cheque guaranteed on the same day every week. I have less time to go out in the middle of the day and do Nike Training Club workouts or nap, but you know, my boss is pretty nice and flexible with my hours so EVERYONE WINS! (Especially me though.)
- Sebastian Errazuriz’s ‘wooden wave cabinet‘.
- Lucy Zee’s tweets. (And her snapchat, for that matter.)
- For the past month or so, in anticipation of Gilmore Girls: Seasons (it’s a Gilmore Girls revival incase you weren’t aware), Ben and I have been re-watching the series from start to finish. We are up to season 4, episode 8. Each season has about 22 episodes, and each episode is approximately 45 minutes long so you can imagine how much time this is taking up. Anyway, I love it.
- Not much can beat getting into a bed that has fresh sheets on it, especially when it’s the first time you have change them in literally 6 weeks (gross).
- Went and had a skin consultation at Kiehl’s and the girl was really nice and not judge-y like I thought she might be (well, at least she didn’t openly show how horrified she was at the condition of my skin). I walked away with a bunch of samples she thinks would be right for me and since then I have been trying to be that person who cleanses, tones, serums, moisturises twice a day and then exfoliates every other day and masks every other, other day. It’s not easy when you are the kind of person who would rather spend an extra minute in bed than brush their hair in the morning but I feel like I’m an adult now and I need to do adult stuff so I’m doing it. Also, at the consult they put this thing on your face and hold it on there and then you look at it after and it shows you if you have dry or oily skin and it’s pretty freaky and you almost want to do it but without them there so they can’t see the result but you know, give it a go.
- I’m going to Sydney in two weeks to see Bon Iver! The first (and only) time I have seen them play was years ago at Radio City in New York, and it was weird because I knew I was going to be in NYC but I didn’t know if anyone would go with me or whatever because it was so far in advance, so I just bought 3 tickets and hoped and then on the actual night the guy that was going to go with me couldn’t go, so last minute my friend Jenny and her friend Simon came along and it was actually really amazing, one of the most amazing concerts I’ve ever been to, and then the band was all ‘this is the last time we’re going to be playing for a while’ and I felt really lucky to have gone, and then two years ago Ben and I tried to go to see Volcano Choir play at a festival in Boston and we got the train there and everything and then a storm came and they had to cancel and it was really sad and now Justin and them, they’re reunioning Bon Iver for this bloody Sydney show and I have booked flights and everything and we are going and I AM PUMPED.
- I got instagram ages ago, like, years ago. Ever since I got it there has been a slow decline in posting on this blog, almost to a complete halt (I talk about this so much, I’m sorry) and then like a year ago or whatever, I got snapchat. Ever since I got snapchat there has been a slow decline in instagram posting. (Especially since they started that new weird algorithm thing.) I just think to myself all the time, WHO CARESSSSSS? NO ONE CARES ABOUT THIS. Is Snapchat the new Instagram? Or is my life just that boring? Or do I just THINK my life is that boring, therefore making it boring. Or am I lazy? Probably all of the above. The other day someone said to me they felt like Instagram was now like shouting into an empty room. Food for thought.
- For months my laptop has been dead – it won’t turn on. For months my phone screen has been cracked from me placing it (okay, placing it firmly, face down) on a tennis court. Now my phone battery is doing that thing where it says it has 40% left and then you open an app and it just dies. Technology is failing me. That being said, I am also obviously not that bothered by it, considering I haven’t had the time or inclination to put aside the money to fix any of these things.
- I paid $12 to park in the Britomart carpark for 45 minutes on Tuesday and I can’t get over it.