Really great Depot meal earlier today.
- Hey, so last week I got sent this email about Where Next?, an app by Heart of the City that basically tells you things you can do within Auckland’s CBD at any given time. How it works is you click ‘Where Next?’ and it analyses the time and the day and your location and the weather and your preferences (if you put them in) and gives you options of places you could go right then and there, whether it be a restaurant or an exhibition at the art gallery or the film festival, etc. Anyway, today a few of us used the app to figure out where to go for a late lunch and when Depot came up as an option, I pounced, having never eaten a meal there before. IT WAS DELICIOUS! When I was reading the menu I was a bit weary, but when the food came out I was pretty happy, especially with the Snapper Sliders and the Sugar Pie. I highly recommend both. And I also recommend the app, especially for indecisive people like me.
- Last night I went to a joint birthday party for my friends Lani and Shirl. I won’t go into all the details but it was held at Las Vegas strip club on K Rd and there was Toto’s Pizza, Jelly Belly jelly beans, Hello Kitty napkins and this. THANKS FOR THE FUN TIMES GUYS!
- You may have already seen this, but if you haven’t you need to.
- I went to Disney on Ice on Friday night. It wasn’t just me – Ben and Oli (aka Buzz Lightyear) came along too. We were invited to this really cute pre-event thing for kids, which had really great kids catering – sausage rolls, little turkish bread ham and cheese sandwiches, cupcakes – and kids entertainment in the form of photos with the Disney characters, Disney goodie bags, fairy helpers blowing bubbles, colouring books and pens – you know, kid stuff. The actual show was pretty amazing. I was a bit skeptical about it all, having never been to any show on ice, but it was actually very entertaining. Aladdin even had his flying magic carpet.
- Having a brother that wears the same size pants as you so you can share clothes.
- People who ask you who you voted for previously or who you will be voting for in September, and when you don’t tell them, get really aggressive about it, and then when you do finally just tell them, completely lose the plot, get angry and try to convince you why you’re wrong and why you should vote for x party. I don’t get it. What purpose does that serve?
- Dear Jervois is closed on Tuesdays? What?
- Ramen Do is closed on Tuesdays too? WHAT?