- FOUR NOMINATIONS THO.
- Hey so I finally got my hands on a pair of those Docs I blogged about last week or the week before or whatever. They kind of hurt but I’m wearing them in and I know they’re going to be perfect in a couple weeks. I got them from Pat Menzies so shouts to those guys for being the only store that had a UK6 (not including The Iconic which won’t ship that style to New Zealand)
- This Tavi talk (if you haven’t seen it already).
- The above photo of Grace Hollows (Red 11) by Harriet Were, and the rest of the series by her here.
- Did you know that you can buy (if you’re in New Zealand) mini versions of Choc Bars? They come in packs of 8 at the supermarket and I feel like the ratio of ice-cream to chocolate is a lot better in the mini version. Do it.
- Last night I went to my family Christmas dinner for my mom’s side and it was at The French Café which I’m pretty sure is my favourite restaurant in Auckland. We had champagne in the courtyard, and canapés which included a scallop wrapped in pancetta and a ‘whitebait sandwich’ which was basically a perfectly cylindrical whitebait fritter between two thin slices of perfectly cynlidrical butter and fried bread. Other highlights included the Amuse Bouche which was a creamy asparagus soup with porcini foam, and some goats cheese beignets which is basically deep fried cheese (HELLO) and the duck. If you want to check out the set menu we had (I don’t know why, but maybe you’re a menu freak like me), you can see it here.
- Trademe/Walk In Wardrobe/Similar ‘sell-your-shit’ sites. I get why they’re good, but at the same time I don’t understand how people selling can deal with the buyers. The questions. Ohhhh the questions. “Can you give me all the measurements of that shirt?”, “I know it says size 8, but would it fit me? I’m usually a 6-8.”, “Can you put it on and take a photo?”, “Can you put it on and take a photo and show me the back?”. It kills me.
- Internet trolls.
- I haven’t read a book in two months, and before that, even more months. I used to read all the time when I was younger, now I go online. I’m reading online, but it’s not the same as reading,… offline, I guess. I don’t know when I stopped being obsessed with books. On a related note, I feel like I’m not as good at reading as I was, like, I am reading too quickly and skimming over things, and I have a lack of concentration. Is this the internet’s fault? Because I love the internet! How could the internet do this to me?
- All these links to photos are broken on my tumblr and I don’t know why.
- I attempted a headstand at yoga even though I’ve never done one (well not in the way they asked us to do it) because I was trying to be cool and I’m pretty sure I did something to my neck because I have a weird pain around there and in my upper shoulder area.