- I’m going to make this. I can’t read French so I am going to go by the pictures. It looks like one of the most delicious things ever. EVER.
- I went to D.O.C on Saturday night for the first time in ages. They’re closing for good on Tuesday so the place was packed for their last weekend. I went after the David Dallas gig (which was awesome by the way). I never really go out so drinking and dancing on chairs to pop music and waiting in an insane line for a disgusting bathroom was actually kind of fun to do. I lasted ’til 3:00am. It was a good effort, for me. One last hurrah.
- I’ve got a headache right now and I’ve been sitting here trying to think of something to put in my highs but I can’t even really remember what happened this week so this is actually kind of a low, but I also don’t want to put it in my low’s because I feel like there will be too many and everyone will find me super depressing. Oh wait, too late.
- I tried to go to that new(ish) restaurant, Baduzzi, the other night. Early. I’m talking 6:00pm early. The table wait was an hour and a half. How nuts is that?! It did get a 9/10 in the paper which probably explains the long ass wait time, but we had Oli (almost four years old) with us so there was no chance he was going to be able to hang on ’til 7:30pm. Then, I called Prego to see if they could take us. Nope, not for another hour at least. Same with Gina’s, same with bloody La Porchetta (…I know)! Yeah I know we should’ve booked, but can I also say I waited 2 hours for a table at Mexico a couple of weeks back and you can’t book there so what is going onnnn Auckland city dining establishments??
- I had an appointment scheduled for Tuesday afternoon that I put in my calendar wrong, so on Wednesday when I showed up at the correct time but a day late, I felt super awkward and like a gigantic idiot and I’M SORRY GUYS!
- Lying. Just don’t do it, man. No good can come from it.