- I went to the iheartradio Lorde concert last night and it was pretty excellent. It’s the longest set that Ella’s ever played (that I’ve seen) and there were songs I hadn’t heard at any of her other shows so I was pretty happy. Plus, the set-up at Vector Area was pretty amazing. Huge screens, this sort of diamond shaped stage, projections, great lights, amazing sound. Also, she did a fricken Kanye cover and killed it. She did it on the end of this song Ribs, which is one of my favourite songs of hers – you can watch a re-run of the live stream here. It would pay for you to watch it. Do it.
UPDATE: That link got taken down, if you’re quick you could see it here.
- I got through fashion week with only a few coughing fits and a dozen tissues or so. Then, on top of the joys of seeing Winter 2014 clothing (and feeling sad about the fact I won’t be able to afford most of it), the kind folks at Mexico sent me a $50 credit to use during the week. Big ups to those guys.
- Speaking of fashion week, this well-written and informed review of the Zambesi show. I don’t write reviews because I know I’m not qualified to. I stick to pictures and anecdotes and my opinions written in a self-deprecating, ‘stream of consciousness’ manner. Demi’s article is basically the opposite. It’s a great read.
- I think I’m almost better! Hooray!
- I am going to Fiji this week!
- This article about relationships and being a relationship person.
- I got a Big Wednesday ticket in my Huffer goodie bag today and I can’t shake the feeling that I just might win it…
- Coughing fits in awkward public places. For example, when I was at the front of a long line of people ordering a juice and a salad from Tank and I could barely talk from coughing. My eyes were watering and my nose was running, it was horrible. Or the other time in the front row at a quiet show.
- I was trying to go without filling up my car before going to Fiji, but I ran out of gas two days ago.
- I have had pretty much no vegetables this week and I think it’s taking its toll. The other night while I was late night blogging I documented my feelings on Vine here and here and it wasn’t great.