- Driving at night. There’s something nice about the lights and the quiet outside but loud music inside the car. It’s so relaxing to drive around and I really like it but it wastes petrol.
- These behind the scenes photos (shot by Yasmine Ganley) of a Black magazine editorial lensed by David Shields, starring Zippy Seven.
- That new restaurant ‘Ortolana’ in Britomart (in Auckland). I had a crayfish salad there the other night and it was so good. Other recommendations? The home made lemon soda. And the gelato on a stick. Incredible.
- Run-walked (translation: mostly fast walked) up Mt Eden for the first time (aside from this other time I did it when I was an intoxicated teenager on New Years, trying to get up in time to see the sun rise) for exercises purposes and it was more difficult than I expected. On the plus side, I got to use my Nike app. There are also low(e)s associated with this walk. See below.
- Workshop did a fashion show in Vulcan Lane on Thursday night. If I’m being completely honest, I wasn’t really expecting that much. I don’t know why but I thought it was going to be this really low key in-a-cramped-store show with a couple of models, but what I did see was pretty fricken cool so I was pleasantly surprised. Something like 28 models, on a big runway outside with huge lights and everything. The styling was great and I loved so many of the outfits, which is pretty rare for me. Coats, narrow cropped pants, neck scarves – so good.
- I got to review a song for The Corner‘s ‘Good Sounds Good, Bad Sounds Bad’.
- Bloc Party. Their show on Thursday night was one of the best.
- It’s 12:20am and I’m only writing this now.
- I have thousands of words to write by tomorrow for this job I’m doing. Why do I leave everything to the last minute?!
- Forgot my headphones for my walk to and up Mt Eden and back. That’s a long ass time alone with no sounds. Also, when I got home I checked my Nike app and the whole thing was less than 5km. WHAT? Felt like at least seven.