- Hey, so you know what Polo is? It’s a sport. Like croquet or golf, combined with horse riding, for
richprivileged people. That was probably the worst explanation ever, but whatever, if you want to know more you can just Google it. Anyway, what you may or may not know is that every year there’s the BMW NZ Polo Open, and this year it’s being held next week. As well as watching games of polo, you go to watch people, because there’s 1. Fashion shows, and 2. Punters are asked to uphold a dress code, which means there are always some pretty nice ensembles around. I am going to be honest and tell you that I really don’t know much about polo and I was never one of those ‘horsey girls’, but I have been before and it is a fun day out and I am pleased to let you know that I am able to share the polo love as I have a double pass to the ‘Fashion Lawn’ at the event, which is next Sunday (24 February). The double pass includes front row viewing at the Westpac Fashion HQ, entry to the Nice and Urlich after party, a drink on arrival and two individually packed picnic boxes. (More details here). Anyway, to enter, leave a comment letting me know one each of your highs and low(e)s of the week. Entries close 5:00pm Tuesday 19 February, winner will be notified via the email address they use to fill out the comment form.
- Booked a flight to Sydney for MBFWA. I haven’t registered yet but I guess that means I’m going?
- Speaking of fashion weeks, I’ve also locked in Wellington Fashion Week. Wellingtonians look out! But seriously, look for me, I don’t know who else is going and I might be a loner.
- I met Miranda Kerr on Friday. She seemed nice enough. I didn’t get to ask her anything so it’s hard to say exactly what I think of her but you know, she was skinny and surprisingly not that tall and pretty and smiley and polite. Just how you’d expect a supermodel to be.
- Girls. It seems the show is a bit polarising. You either love or you hate it, there’s no room for indifference. I love it. I know people who have started watching it but gotten so annoyed that they’ve stopped. I can understand it, Hannah can be pretty fricken ridiculous sometimes, and Jessa? Don’t even get me started. Regardless, I am really enjoying season 2 and this latest episode – episode 5 – was so good. Really sad, but really good and kind of relatable and does anyone else love that Joshua guy? *sigh*
- Summer is over half way done! What have I been doing this whole time?! Actually, let’s be honest, if you follow my instagram you’ll see that I have been taking full advantage of the weather. Yay! There’s only a couple of things left to cross off before the temperatures cool and we’re stuck with rain and wind. I’ve listed them here, on the Sunglass Hut’s Inner Circle. Who’s in?
- Got my “unread and need responding to” emails down from 73 to 31. Pretty good if you ask me.
- I had a difficult discussion over the phone with someone last week, one of those ones where you go around in circles and you’re both trying to explain yourselves and it just goes on and on and before you know it, it’s been an hour. In this case, it was an hour and a half and it was only when I hung up that I realised I was the one who dialed them. That explains the $280 Vodafone bill.
- Really Kate Upton?? REALLY?! Ugh.
- Why did The Ice Bar Co. stop making lemonade flavoured ice-blocks?! They were the best flavour they had! What were they thinking?! I’ve tried the others and I don’t like any of them. Someone, where else can I get a lemonade ice-block that was as good? What other ones are there? Is the lemonade (with lime) Niceblock my next best option?
- AY WHERE WERE ALL MY VALENTINES?
- I got mad bills to pay. Mad bills and not much of an income right now. I feel like I’m constantly complaining about money and I’m turning into one of those girls who cries about their finances and then goes and buys a sweater, so there’s also that. I’ll just shut up now.