- Solange Knowles’ ‘Losing You‘ – both the song and the video (below) combined. The song because it’s been stuck in my head for a good couple of days, the video because the outfits are great and the whole ‘vibe’ (I hate using that word, it makes me feel like a pretentious a**, but I can’t really think of an alternative right now) is so… uplifting. Such good dance moves, colourful costumes, I don’t know the word because I’m not a film person but the treatment on it – it’s pretty.
- I swam out to the pontoon at Judges Bay in Parnell. (Photographic evidence here.) This might not be very exciting for most people, but I don’t think I’ve ever done that before in my entire life, so it counts for something.
- The juice place inside at the back of Ponsonby Central. I have forgotten the name of it but if you’re in Auckland you know Ponsonby Central, you’ll be able to find it. I am kind of a juice connoisseur (not even #humblebrag, #straightbrag) because I kind of hate carbonated drinks and I’ve always just had juice. It’s not very often that you find juice places that do orange juice in those squeezy Zummo machines (as opposed to your traditional ‘grind it all up’ juicer), but they do at Ponsonby Central. I know this doesn’t make sense, but trust me, okay? Trust me. The Zummo is the King of orange juicers.
- I played tennis today for the first time in like, ten years. And by ‘played tennis’ I mean ‘attempted to play tennis’ which is close enough. First time I’ve exercised in I can’t even remember.
- Toto’s pizza reopened on Thursday, so naturally I had a metre of pizza that day.
- Had this really interesting conversation about the psyche behind guys and girls and relationships and the way people act, in reference to that book, ‘The Game’ by Neil Strauss. In short, the conversation was enough to make me decide to go out and get that book and read it to form an informed opinion on it. Plus, I think if I read it, then I’ll be able to tell when someone’s trying to use one of those ‘compliment sandwiches’ or ‘negs’ or whatever on me and I can shut them down. I actually already feel like I’m going to hate this book, but you know, YOLO etc.
- I hate waiting.
- Twice this week I’ve ordered food and eaten about a quarter of it before realising I’m not hungry and I don’t want it anymore. What am I, made of money? I’m an idiot.
- Stupid girls. And stupid boys. Stupid everyone. Stop being stupid and you won’t have stupid problems.
- When people use too many hashtags on their Instagrams. First World Problems, yes, but annoying just the same. Is anyone really going to be searching ‘friends’ or ‘heart’ or ‘sun’? No. Shush.
- People who do or like things, not because they actually want to do them or actually like them, but because it’s controversial or makes them ‘different’. Shush already, there’s nothing wrong with liking things that are popular. SHUSH ALREADY.
- People who tell you how to drive when you’re giving them a ride. FRICKEN SHUSH.
- Hey I’m obviously in a really good mood tonight.