So it’s holidays for me, and while the freelance lifestyle is a lot like holidays every day, this time of year is particularly extreme for me. Really late sleep-ins, lots of swimming and beaching and right now I’m showing around Boston-based photographer, Evan Tetreault, while he’s here in Auckland this week, so it’s been busy and there’s been no routine.
Why am I telling you this? Well, because it explains why this post is late. On Sunday I was so out of routine that I actually forgot it was Sunday, which meant I forgot that I was meant to write my Highs and Low(e)s of the week. Then yesterday I spent the whole entire day (literally, like 5:00am – 11:45pm) on a trip to Whangamata, which brings us to today: Tuesday. So this post is very delayed, but better late that never, right?:
- HAPPY NEW YEAR, ETC ETC ETC.
- I know this doesn’t count as last week, but yesterday I went to Whangamata for the first time in years and years and years, and the weather was amazing, I lay in the sun, had sangria, finished my book and I even went for a swim.
- My Topshop package arrived today. This is a high because I love receiving courier packages. I made a dress purchase two weeks ago – something I wouldn’t usually go for – I mean, it’s multicoloured and it has cut outs. That’s all I have to say. And then to get free shipping you had to spend 100 pounds, so I threw in a bikini and a lipstick. Impulse shopping as its finest. The thing has been sitting on my bed for about two hours and I’m kind of afraid to open it, but here’s hoping it all works out.
- When Sarah and I went to pick up Evan from the airport, we parked and went into the arrivals area and he literally walked out within a minute of us being there. It’s like we were telepathically linked, the timing was insane. Because it happened all at once in such a short amount of time, there was no parking fee! Hooray!
- My mom went to Sydney recently, and brought me back a gift in the form of Karen Walker sheets and duvet set! I saw the polka dot sheet set last month when I was there but couldn’t bring myself to spend then AU$200, but she saw them on sale and got them for me and now my life is complete!
- I didn’t post my Highs and Low(e)s in time, for the first time in a really long time.
- I swam into the side of a pool the other day, underwater racing to get there with my eyes shut because I had contact lenses in. I have scrapes, including one across the middle of my face.
- I have to go right now so I don’t have time to think of any more Low(e)s.