- Two more sleeps ’til 2013. I’m pretty indifferent about it being a new year to be honest. Having this in the ‘Highs’ category perhaps isn’t the most accurate, but whatever, heaps of people are pumped about new starts and 2013 being ‘their year’ and stuff so I’ll just leave it up here.
- I started watching Pan Am the other day. I’m only two episodes in, but I already love it.
- The other day someone came ’round to my place and made me pancakes. I don’t know if anyone’s ever done that for me before. It was like having my own personal chef or something. The best. Now all I have to do is get them to drive me around, take my blog photos and carry my shopping bags and then I’ll have my very own slave. It’s like a dream come true.
- The influx of Vitamin D that I have been absorbing this last couple weeks has done wonders. I swear nothing makes me feel better than a sunny day and I’m not even a huge outdoors person.
- The Apple mojitos at Prego.
- TAX BILL FOR 2012: PAID.
- ACC BILL FOR 2012: PAID.
- GST BILL FOR 2012: PAID. (I think?)
- Underwear shopping. I feel like this is universally the best thing to shop for. When you want to buy something but you don’t know what, underwear is key.
- This time next week, everyone’s favourite Boston-based photographer/blogger/all-round-good-guy, Evan Tetreault will be in town! Evan – bring your togs, can’t wait for the reunion, see you at the airport!
- Generous, generous gifts from the parentals this Christmas. Thanks guys.
- Inexplicable continuous headache for the last three days.
- I lost my phone for the first time since I got it, almost three years ago, this week. I was in the car when I realised I’d left it in the changing room of Rebel Sport (okay, I know, it’s a long story, I bought a singlet, give me a break) hours prior, and it was confirmed later that night with ‘Find my iPhone’ (HOW GOOD IS THAT APP?!). I was surprisingly nonchalant about the whole thing if I do say so myself. I went about as per usual, feeling pretty normal, until 4:30am when I woke in a panic about not having an alarm to wake up in time to call the store, then fearing that the staff would steal the thing. Cue: downwards spiral. I was awake until its location had been confirmed and it was in a safe place. The end. Hmm… Cool story bro.
- Bikini body worries. Why are women supposed to feel like they have to somehow figure out a way to change their genetic make-up and stop eating and start running every day in order to wear a bikini in public? Ugh. As if we don’t have enough to worry about already.
- There’s this bar near my house, and I swear every time a girl walks past there’s always at least one dude that stares. At least be subtle about it, man.
- Driving to a restaurant and then finding it closed because it’s that time of year.