- I went and watched my mate Chelsea (aka Watercolours) play at Golden Dawn on Saturday night. The last time I went to see her and her band play, she covered Frank Ocean’s ‘Thinkin Bout You’ and dedicated it to me. This time, I was treated to TLC’s ‘No Scrubs’. Thanks for the shout out Chelsea. It made my weekend.
- You may or may not have see on my instagram already, but for those who don’t follow it or know, BMW has kindly lent out a New Zealand Fashion Week branded X1 to me, for me to drive around in for the weeks leading up to New Zealand Fashion Week. There are four branded cars out on the roads right now including mine, and each has a design on it created by one of the four New Gen designers showing at fashion week. Mine is black with a red and dark grey wrap designed by Silence Was…. The car is fricken awesome. I’ve never been that into cars, but I can understand how you could be – the thing has all sorts of crazy features I didn’t even know existed and it is amazing to drive. On a related note, if you see me out and about in this thing, avoid me like the plague. The insurance excess on the thing is out of this world – no right turns, parallel parking or driving down narrow streets for me.
- Booked in some exciting jobs for this week. Watch this space.
- YOLO? NOLO!
- Having a ‘fluid’ lifestyle. Often I take for granted the fact that I can basically do what I want, when I want. I can work on the weekend or late at night, or when I feel like it – it’s not restricted to Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm. I can not work for three days if I really, really don’t want to. I can work until 4:00am and if I get hungry at 2:00am I can drive to Countdown and grab snacks. I can sleep in ’til 11:00am. I can take a meeting at 7:00am. I can go to Sydney tomorrow if need be. I can work wherever as long as I have my laptop and the internet. Moral of this story? I’m a lucky girl.
- Speaking of working wherever, whenever, it should be noted that I am a huge fan of the ‘mobile office’.
- This shoot for Helmet that everyone seems to be talking about (and with good reason) by Cara Stricker. Awesome.
- People who don’t know the difference between ‘loose’ and ‘lose’. The meanings of the words are completely different. Get with the programme guys.
- I tried to pay a parking ticket I got the other day, using the online service, only to find that the website wouldn’t let me because it was due three days prior. I somehow feel like a fine is coming my way. Not cool.
- My best friend Kate went to America for two months, which is ages, and now I’m all alone. And now, to make matters worse, we skyped five minutes ago and she just notified me that she’s likely going to be there for longer. I’m happy for her, but at the same time it’s also the worst (for me). The absolute worst.
- Anonymous comments. Come on guys, if you’ve got an opinion or really believe in something, put your name behind it. I’m putting my name on my opinions, you should too. Positive or negative. Even if you hate me and you’re writing just to let me know that you do, that’s cool – at least put your name on it. That way I can respect what you’ve got to say. Actually, I might even write a blog post about this, maybe it’s not such a low(e) after all.