- This video message (below) by Alexi Wasser (of I’m Boy Crazy fame), for all the beautiful girls out there. I’ve been thinking about writing a post that broaches the topic of ‘being a girl’ and the inner conflict I have with writing a ‘fashion’ blog that has a large focus on models and whether doing so is feeding the notion that a girl’s self worth is based on how skinny and pretty and rich she is and how many boys like her… You know, heavy stuff. Anyway, Alexi’s video says what I want to say, but in a much more charming and entertaining way. Watch it. (And for those interested in this topic, read this and let me know what you think.)
- Country Road’s catalogues. I don’t know any other chain store that sends out anything as good. The stock, the format, the models, I have yet to receive one of those catalogues and not want at least three things from it.
- I paid my ACC levies. This may not seem like a big deal, but man it’s been hanging over my head and it is such a relief to have it not be there.
- The Westpac Young Designer Competition is on right now and the finalists have been announced. I’ve had a few of them approach me and ask to promote their work but I can’t play favourites so I suggest you make up your own minds based on the images here. You can vote daily, and the winner gets $5000 and a bunch of other helpful young designer-type stuff, so be supportive yeah?
- Several incredible parallel parks by yours truly. Who would’ve thought?
- Hal’e Lawrence’s newest clothing/accessories venture, TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More) INTL., but more specifically, the cute pom-pom topped beanies he’s designed that drop next week – you can get one from Qubic or contact him via the Team Intl Facebook page.
- The quality of ‘application’ emails from people wanting to be my potential back-up assistant for New Zealand Fashion Week. Ridiculous, you guys are all overqualified.
- Young snap-happy kid George Rump, for being persistent enough to Facebook message me about his new website, email me about it, then put up with my email response telling him to ‘give me more, sell it to me’ and email me again doing precisely that.
- I got an invite to Karen Walker’s New York Fashion Week show. Enough said.
- Hey, so I’m coming back from New York early. You probably didn’t know, but I was originally going for a good while, and now I’ve halved my trip time. I changed my flights today. Sometimes things just don’t work out.
- Speaking of New York, I haven’t got accommodation. I leave in less than a month, is this a problem?
- My trackpad on my laptop has been kind of screwed for over a year now, but not bad enough for it to cause a huge problem (you can tap but you can’t click… if that makes sense?), but this week it reached a whole new level. My trackpad now has a mind of its own – it literally moves around the page without me touching it, and clicks on things. Makes internet banking a daunting experience.
- I’m pretty sure uploading images to the internet is the majority of the reason why it takes me so long to blog/do things on the internet. Why is it only Facebook that allows you to upload and post more than one image at a time? Why?
- My inability to make decisions, based on my fear of taking responsibility for making the wrong decisions.
- I hardly left the house this week, someone told me Mercury Retrograde has been in full force and that’s what’s been f*cking up my sh* t for the past wee while, but I’m just not sure because it was supposed to be over on the 7th of August and now it’s days later and I still can’t seem to get a grip on anything in my life.