- As soon as I saw this I wanted to post it, but I restrained myself and saved it for today. There are several reasons why you should watch this video, including but not limited to the fact that, hello – Joseph Gordon Levitt is cool, smart and hot (why is it people are never all three?), and this song featured heavily in my life at one stage as I’m sure it did yours.
- In other semi-related news, whilst most people were out socialising on Friday night/the early hours of Saturday morning, I was at home, in my boffice (bed-office) avoiding dealing with my taxes and doing this instead. Yeah, yeah, yeah, bring on the hate anonymous-comment-leavers. It was a practise run. I’ll get there in the end. (The majority of the taxes did get done though, for those concerned about my finances.)
- I’ve been challenged to Live Below The Line at the end of September. That’s living on $2.25/day for food, for five days. It’s hard to say whether I will actually be able to do this, but one can only try, right? Now, I challenge YOU.
- Last night I went to bed before 2:30am for the first time in I can’t even remember when. And I slept right through ’til 11:00am! The most epic sleep of all time! As an aside, I also had some really interesting dreams which hasn’t happened in ages.
- I cut off my hair. This is how long it was in December. This is post cut in May. This is June. This is now. I’ve had it this short (the shortest it’s been since I was probably about 10 years old) for just over 48 hours now and I haven’t cried once. That’s saying something. (Thanks Jarah.)
- WATCHU TWERKIN WITTTH. On repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
- I went to this Engagement party last night and it freaked me the hell out. I’m old, but I haven’t really been to that many engagement parties. Perhaps this is a reflection on my lack of social skills and friends (LOL…), but regardless, it was semi-terrifying to be in a room surrounded by people I don’t know talking about buying houses and wedding locations and 5 year plans. Just so unfamiliar. Anyway, this is sounding like a Low(e) but it is in fact a High because 1. Attending has given me inspiration for a blog post, 2. What I wore got a heap of likes on instagram (which means there is a legitimate reason for me to own gold shoes), 3. Congratulations to Andrew and Claire, and finally, 4. I was told there was a girl there that reads my blog. No one reads my blog so this was pretty awesome. (HELLO KATE. I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD NIGHT.)
- Taxes. Receipts. Expenses. Spreadsheets. IRD Helpline (or, what I like to call, ‘UN-helpline’).
- Small talk. Sometimes there’s just too much of it.
- Parking ticket. (I don’t even know why I put these in here because parking tickets just feel like they’re a stock standard thing in my life.)
- It’s raining today and I am supposed to be in three different places right now but I am not.
- Should I be concerned about my lack of accommodation or organisation for my trip to America? So far all I have is a return flight from Auckland to Los Angeles and a one-way flight from Los Angeles to New York. And travel insurance.
- Eight emails in my inbox that need detailed and well thought out responses to. One of which is two weeks old.
- I’ve exhausted my options with regards to getting into Justin Bieber’s private 200-person concert this coming week. I am not getting invited, I am not going to be able to personally hand him a t-shirt, I haven’t even found out when he flies in.
- Motivation to tackle all of the above.