- Little Brother’s tumblr launched today. I have no doubt in my mind that it’s going to be a fricken good blog to follow. Full disclosure: I am contributing to it. (LOL! But seriously, follow it okay?)
- Earlier this week I was gifted the Kiehl’s Rose Arctica moisturiser. I’m usually not really the most diligent when it comes to my skincare regime, but this week I’ve been cleansing toning and moisturising (what is with toner anyway? What’s the point in it?) and this Rose Arctica cream is fricken amazing. It feels like butter. I mean that in the best way possible.
- I get a lot of questions on tumblr about the Auckland/New Zealand fashion scene and how newbies can break into the industry, get internships and where they should start. I often tell them to do research and immerse themselves in information on the local industry. This is for them: New Zealand fashion fiends, have a read of this interview with Murray Bevan, director of fashion PR company Showroom 22.
- I went ice skating and didn’t fall over.
- A while back I read this article online about love/relationships by everyone’s favourite man of mystery photoblogger, Yimmy Yayo. I thought it was good at the time and remembered it again this week and have to share this one paragraph (and my favourite part) from the post: “When falling for another, one should be naught but the truest of themselves. Be insecure and vulnerable, be cautious and nervous. Be a dick or a c*nt if you actually are one. Own up the real person you are and have faith in that by being yourself you’ll find the right one. But most of all, jump. Jump & fall, fall spectacularly and give everything over. If you fail, you fail, but you’ll do it with fucking 10′s on your scorecard.” Readers – take note and apply accordingly.
- On Friday morning I was alerted (via twitter) to the fact that part of my Call Me Maybe video got played on TVNZ’s ‘Breakfast’. Granted, it was because the video features reporter Jack Tame, they were mocking him (and us, I guess) and they said it was filmed in Brooklyn which is only partially true, but who cares?! It was on the breakfast news! Check the clip here (it starts 1:52 in for those who want to fast forward).
- New favourite words this week?: Perpetuate, cultivated, goading, compartmentalize, relevant, sleepover.
- On Tuesday afternoon I was late for a meeting at Smith & Caughey’s in the city. I couldn’t find a park so decided to take a hit and park in the Wilson carpark right on the corner of Victoria and Elliot Streets. Aucklanders, do you know which one I’m talking about? Anyway, I knew it wasn’t going to be cheap but Jesus Christ Superstar I did not know it was going to be next level expensive. $7.00/half hour! An hour and fifteen minutes later and $21.00 was charged up to my credit card. Ugh.
- I bought three raffle tickets at a charity event on Thursday night. Numbers 27, 28 and 29. Number 26 won.
- Why does Skype always fail when you’re about to say something hilarious? Or when you’re about to hear the punchline to a story? Why?
- Is it just me or was it impossible to stay warm this week?
- People who don’t pick up their phones. Screw you guys, Imma keep calling until you do.