- Plentiful amounts of stimulating conversation this week. When a large chunk of your time is spent on the internet digesting internet lingo and slang (#boutthatlifetho) and reading ‘you’re’ spelt as ‘your’ and ‘there’ instead of ‘their’, it’s pretty refreshing to be challenged once in a while.
- I went to District Dining for lunch and the launch of the New Zealand division of BooHoo.com on Wednesday. As one who is a little skint these days, it couldn’t have come at a better time – good, fancy food (I had the chicken liver parfait and the duck confit and 3 glasses of grapefruit juice) and a new online retailer that has no item of clothing over $100 (!) and that ships to New Zealand for free. Hot doggggg that’s cheap.
- Can someone weigh in on this ‘to camo or not to camo’ debate?!
- This. Penny Pickard circa 1999. Now think – that’s 13 years ago. How old do you feel now?
- How does anyone afford overseas communication without the use of Whatsapp?! I use it pretty much every day and have an international-nstant-messaging fight with Isaac on it at least once a week.
- Currently watching The Ides of March for the second time. (The first time was in New York with Isaac and can I just say, wow Americans are vocally expressive in movie theatres.) There’s this one scene near the start of the film between Rachel Evan Wood and Ryan Gosling, where they’re sitting opposite each other in a restaurant, and they’re flirting like crazy. It’s so good, I dare you to watch that scene without smiling. Also, I forgot how much I love Ry Gos for a sec, but now I’m back to being devoted again so don’t worry.
- Another week, another last-name-related-pun. This time, it’s OVERLOWED. As in ‘PUN OVERLOWED!’ Clever, huh?! That came courtesy of someone who owns this gallery, which, coincidentally opened last week, so chuck ‘em a ‘like‘ whydontcha? (Good segue way, I know.)
- Hey, so my sleeping patterns hit a new lowe (LOL! See what I did there?!) this week, with a few 5:30-6:30am sleep times. This isn’t too bad, though, because last night I went to bed at 2:30am and the night before that I did 1:00am! I’m winning! (Sort of.)
- I got this anonymous message on my tumblr recently: “more seon pictures please! sorry man but the white girls you post just aren’t that cute.” which is a High for Seon, but a Low(e) for pretty much every other girl that has featured on my blog, ever.
- The wink face. Never trust someone who sends you the wink face. You have to like you a hell of a lot or you have to be damn clever in your use of the winky face for me to be able to see it and not cut you off immediately.
- The batteries in my bathroom scales died and I went and bought some new AA ones without even thinking, and I’ve now realised that it takes one of those ridiculous weird, circular batteries that you have to go somewhere special to get. (I assume. I pretty much made that whole last bit up.)
- There was a bee buzzing by my shut window yesterday. Being afraid of pretty much everything, including bees, I was too much of a giant wuss to risk being stung to open the window. So I just left the room, then left the house. When I got back, it was gone. I have no idea where it went. This is almost worse than knowing where it was.
- Why am I so useless at writing these Highs and Low(e)s these days? This post has literally been about 1 hour 47 minutes in the making.