- Finger on trigger for a flight to New York City. Watch this space.
- After reading Sarah’s post on the Wardrobe Detox, I’ve been inspired to do the same and ‘lighten my life’ as my old flatmate Brad used to say. Right now everything is sitting on the floor and I’m trying to justify why to keep or throw things out. It’s a painful process but the thought of having a streamlined, tidy room and clothing collection is a great motivator. I suggest you do the same.
- On Thursday night I went to that Paper Pirates exhibition I wrote about last week. It was packed out by the time I got there and people seemed to be enjoying themselves. Two ticks. My photos got snapped up (thank god), one by this cute kid (is there any way of saying kid without it sounding patronising? I mean it in the nicest way possible), the other by a cute girl, and the third is still there as far as I know. I hid it behind a door so no one would find it. I’m kind of weird like that. Anyway, it was a successful event all ’round and I look forward to the next one. High fives for Tim and Joe.
- I know I say this all the time, but this time I really mean it: the latest episode of Girls was so damn good. For those who saw it: “DO YOU WANT ME TO BE YOUR BOYFRIEND? IS THAT IT?! DO YOU WANT ME TO BE YOUR F*CKING BOYFRIEND??!” – man, that scene was epic. For those who haven’t seen the show and are female: you have to watch immediately. You will cringe so badly because you can relate to the characters so well. The familiarity of the scenes will make you feel ill, but that’s what makes it so great. Boys? Based on the reaction from most males I know who have watched it, you will probably hate it. Avoid.
- God damn Nicole makes Hong Kong look incredibly, incredibly appealing in this post. I want to book a flight right now soley based on those photos. But who am I kidding? She could’ve put up photos of a jail cell and made it look good. Nicole makes everything look so damn appealing.
- Having a finger on the trigger for a flight to New York City can only lead to one thing: the Airbnb accommodation circle of death. If you’ve ever tried to find a place to rent on TradeMe, you’ll know the kind of pain I’m talking about. A place in Manhattan, maybe East Village or nearby, with wifi and linen, that is clean and has good reviews, that doesn’t cost a fortune – can’t be too hard, right? -___-
- Speaking of the Wardrobe Detox, I just tried doing up an old pair of jeans. They don’t do up. What the sh*t?! I swear I wore them in October. Has the universe upended itself or has my eating-whatever-the-hell-I-like-without-doing-any-exercise-whatsoever (and by whatsoever, I mean in 2008 I joined Les Mills and in a year I went 26 times – according to them) caught up to me? And if so, DAMNIT!!!
- Why is it so hard to search things on Tumblr?
- People who keep buying houses. Or getting married. Or having children. More specifically, my peers. Where do they get the money for this? When did everyone start growing up and doing ‘real’ sh*t? Did this whole thing bypass me or am I just really immature? Will I ever have children? Do I even want children?! And again, where did everyone get the money to buy a house?!?!!
- Oh jeez, is it already time to do taxes again?