- Something my mom said in her speech at my grandfather’s funeral: ‘Dad loved to read magazines. One day I pointed out some of the magazines he was reading were really old – like 5 or 6 years out of date. He replied, “if I haven’t read it, then it’s new to me.”‘ I don’t know what it is about that, but I love it.
- Cailin Hill, from The Model Burnbook, is not only a mega babe with awesome style, she’s actually a damn good writer – as proven in this post about room mates.
- I had three invoices paid this week, I paid two outstanding bills and put the rest on my credit card. I’ve still a wee way to go before that thing is at zero, but my god it is a good feeling when the debt is half as much as it was before.
- This infographic. If you like menswear blogs you’ll get it, if you don’t, you won’t find it funny so don’t bother clicking.
- Damn this is the most interesting thing I have read in a really, really long time. It’s also one of the most terrifying things. For those who are too lazy to click, it’s a New York Times article about children who display signs of psychopathy. It’s a 9 page long thing so it does require a good level of attention, but I swear it is riveting. RIVETING. Trust me. (If you watched ‘The Good Son‘ and thought it was scary, do not read the article.)
- I received some pretty good goodie bags at events I attended this week. Content highlights included nail polish, a Karen Walker ring, and a diamond. I know, right? A real diamond! I’m a very lucky girl.
- What’s wrong with Sarah’s face????!
- I wanted to buy two things this week. After literally months of umm-ing and ahh-ing, I finally made the decision to pull the trigger on the Karen Walker Cocoon coat and Lockie navy/gold heels. I walked into the store and went straight for the last size 6 coat in the french navy. I figured it was meant to be, seeing as it was the last one and all. I put it on. The thing was too damn big. Noooooooo! This just proves that you should buy the size 4 when you try it on originally. God damn. Then, I find out the navy/gold shoes are sold out in my size (39) and although disappointed, I decide to go for the cigar/gold option. I put on the 39. They’re too big. My feet slip out while I walk. I ask for the 38, the shop girl says she can get a pair shipped from Newmarket. I can deal with that. I leave and go back the next day. I try on the 38 and the things are too damn small. One of the most frustrating shopping experiences I have ever had, ever.
- I just wrote a massive spiel about how I couldn’t buy a coat and some shoes and how crappy it was. Have I become the most vapid, ungrateful, materialistic person alive?? Ugh. I’m pissed at myself.
In other news, my email subscription thing changed when I moved my blog hosting. If you want, you should be able to subscribe (and it should work!) using the form in the right hand column.