- Happy Mother’s Day Mom!
- I went off the (internet) grid this week (sort of). It was pretty good, but I’ll be back on this week so don’t get too excited.
- I got back from Sydney to find that my mom’s boyfriend had cleaned (no mean feat with all the crap in there) and fixed up all the dings in my car (I’m a really good driver, for reals) – Thanks David!
- Next Saturday is May 19. (Which is coincidentally one of my best friends’ birthdays (HI KATE!)). May 19 this year also marks the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation’s White Shirt Day. White shirts are a staple in every good person’s wardrobe, everyone knows that. This time, though, if you purchase one from Witchery in the lead up to Saturday, 100% of proceeds from the sales of the Witchery white shirts will go to help fight Ovarian cancer. There’s no reason not to do it!
- Wocolate sent me some Happy Socks in the mail. You can’t get too much better than unsolicited gifts in the post. They’re red with white polka dots too – even better.
- I’ve become more and more obsessed with Instagram this week. You can follow me, if you want. My username is thedownlowe. I don’t post that much but when I do, I tell you it’s bloody good. Mostly. Sort of. Well, my pictures are nowhere near as good as Nicole Warne‘s (@garypeppergirl – check it) but no one’s are so we’re all screwed. Mine are still okay though. For example, today I put up a picture of myself as a child, pretend driving a car, with the caption ‘Asian driver from way back’. I know, right??! I’m FUNNY too!
- I am sick. I hardly ever get sick, except for three weeks ago and now. This is what I get for rejecting the flu shot.
- How is it that I get a big invoice paid, and I still have a four figure debt on my credit card? Oh wait, that’s right. Because I have a spending problem.
- I spent a good three hours giving a relationship pep talk to a girl last night. This is bad, because I am the worst with relationships, ever, so if I am giving relationship advice, what has the world come to? I also depressed the hell out of me. Basically I was trying to convince a nice, cute, generous and lovely girl that she shouldn’t get back together with the guy she’s recently broken up with (but still talks to most days and ‘sees’ every week – “it’s complicated”). A guy who doesn’t treat her particularly well, a guy who borrowed a large sum of money and hasn’t paid back the last of it (which is still a four figure amount). With this and all the relationshiptalk on Isaac’s blog, this post here, and the tv show, ‘Girls‘ (which is amazing, by the way – and way too real), I feel overwhelmed. What is wrong with us girls?! Why are we such idiots?! Why are we conditioned to think our self worth is based on how skinny we are, what clothes we wear and what boys we can get to like us?! Whhhhhyyyyy???
- My (second) laptop charger has apparently just died. F*ck. How am I supposed to blog now?!
This post is dedicated to my grandfather. He passed away on Friday morning after suffering a stroke on Tuesday night. He was a really great man. I’ll miss him a lot. Thank you to those for their love and support over the last few days.