- Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia: Sydney. Hotel. Reunions with people I don’t see enough. Lots of work. Interesting outfits. New people. Sunshine.
- The Burberry party on Friday night. I go to a few events around the place but this one takes the cake for this year so far. I have never been in a room with such attentive waiters, ever. I swear those people are like drink pouring magicians – you barely see them, just think to yourself maybe you’ll need a top up soon and they’re right there. And on top of that? Canapés. Little paper cups of fish and chips, zucchini tarts with goats cheese foam, baby burgers, mini chicken pies with pea purée. All sorts of food. All sorts of people. All sorts of fun.
- Girls dress up in Sydney. Aside from the models, I don’t recall seeing any girl at fashion week that wasn’t dressed up – high heels, Prada, the works. Everyone looks amazing, I just can’t understand how they muster up the energy to dress like that 5 days in a row. Keeping this in mind, you’ll imagine my surprise when Oyster asked to take my photo - me, in my normal clothes (read: scruffy, untucked shirt, flat shoes, unbrushed hair, etc). I’m happy but also pretty shocked at the same time. Does this mean us non-shiny girls are cool too?!
- My week consisted of mostly sporadic meals – McDonald’s at 1:00am, a sushi roll at 3:00pm, an $18 toasted sandwich at the venue (I know, right?!) – but I did have two pretty good dinners in-between. First being pizza with a whole host of ‘fashion’ people who weren’t attending the shows (followed by a pretty entertaining 3 hours of karaoke) and the second, a delicious three course meal with all New Zealanders, courtesy of the team at MAC. Hoorah!
- My #OverheardAtMBFWA went down pretty well. And everything said was true, too.
- I was right. I overpacked like a mofo. 23.1kg on the way back, with an 8kg piece of hand luggage. Ridiculous.
- Hanging around models for a week really doesn’t do much for one’s self esteem. It’s one thing to hang out with tall, skinny, good looking groups of girls, but it’s another to actually talk to them and find out they’re really, really awesome as well. Jeeeeeez.
- Wow so after Wellington and Sydney, I sort of have no idea what the hell I am doing. Am I supposed to get a real job now? Am I going back to regular blogging? What am I doing with my life? Is blogging what I really want to be doing? How behind am I on my taxes? How bad is the state of my bank balance? What is going on?!?! Life crisis!