- I got surprisingly few negative comments on the ‘Call Me Maybe’ video I posted last week. Only about eight, which is really low, considering. In lieu of those negative comments, I have received overwhelmingly positive feedback. Who would’ve thought?! Not me, that’s for sure. It’s been almost a week since the video has been live, and it’s already been played on TVNZ U’s U Live, had over 3500 views on YouTube and next week there’ll be a little (unsolicited) write up on it in Volume magazine, by non other than Duncan Greive! Amazing!
- Eat Here Now < Click There Now.
- I joined Rdio (as introduced to me by Vice magazine) a couple of days ago. I’ve only played with it a little bit but so far I’ve put a few songs into my playlist, downloaded the iPhone app, and listened to Drake’s ‘Make Me Proud’ about three times. It is awesome! If you like music, you’ll love it. You can chuck songs on, share songs, follow people with cool playlists, listen to them at home and then go out and listen to them on your iPhone (offline too!). Magic. If you already have it, let me know!
- Hey! I’m a legitimate magazine contributor! A few of my Little Brother photos and a some words (that I wrote!) were published! I know, right?! You can check them out (and some other photos I took) in the latest issue of the Barkers 1972 magazine.
- This afternoon I spent a lazy Sunday at Mexico, a new(ish) Mexican (duh) bar/eatery down in Britomart. I was there for the Revolution Wine Co. launch. (Anyone for wine in a keg?!) Because I’m still a bit under the weather I decided I was only going to drive over, stop in to show my face, say hello and leave. After half a pretty tasty wine cocktail (I may be ill but I’m not irresponsible), a few bites of a zucchini and cheese quesadilla and some spicy fried chicken and some hilarious conversations with a well-intoxicated-person-who-shan’t-be-named (and by hilarious, I mean I was literally crying with laughter), I was down to stay. I’m glad I did. It was a great end to the week. Shout outs to Imogen O’Neill of The Creators for putting on and inviting me the event of the week.
- I was (and still semi am) sick and feeling pretty gross for a good three days. It’d been so long since I was sick that I’d forgotten exactly how crappy it is, and it’s crappy. Trust me.
- A weird combination of peer pressure and curiosity and panic lead me to purchasing some of those sheer tights with seams up the back. I like them in theory. In reality, when they arrived (two pairs – what if one ripped?!) from ASOS three days ago, I opened them and realised I’d made a terrible, terrible mistake. The skin colour is not one skin colour fits all. Or at least it doesn’t fit mine. They just freak me out. Now I have two pairs of tights (one still in the packet) that I will never wear. Ultimate fail.
- Hey, so I fully maxed out one of my two credit cards this week. (But on the plus side, I now have accommodation locked in for MBFWA (Australian Fashion Week).)
- Hey, so I fully have a problem with my camera lens and I’m going to Wellington Fashion Week in a couple of days (more on this later!) and there’s not enough time to repair so I have to buy a replacement.
- Hey, so I fully have 9 pairs of contact lenses left and I need to buy new ones.
- Hey, so do you see where I’m going with this?!
- Goodbye to my Area 51 male model, Thugged Out Since Cub Scouts supporter, taker of the above photo and all round friendly, nice, and really, really ridiculously good-looking guy, Seth Coates-Chitty. He’s off to explore the world, starting with Europe. Who knows where he’ll end up?! Go forth and conquer Seth! Go forth! You will be missed.