- I held my very first proper model casting on Wednesday which was pretty exciting. Perhaps not for your average person, but for someone like me who has a little bit of knowledge on New Zealand models, it was nice to be able to use in a productive way. More details on the day later this week, but for now let me tell you the one thing I have learned from it: Wrangling models is not as easy as you’d think.
- Picked up a sweet, completely unexpected $120.00 from Tatty’s yesterday. For some reason with Tatty’s (or The Recycle Boutique or any other similar establishment for that matter), because it’s been so long since you last submitted the clothes for sale, you’ve forgotten about them, so by the time you go back in to check up on your account it feels like you’re getting free money. Like you walked in there, and they just gave you a wad of cash for being cool, which in turn is some crazy self-esteem boost. I can’t explain it, but it’s true.
- I took some street-style photos of good looking guests at the Kate Sylvester store opening a couple of weeks ago – they’re up on The Vine if you want to see.
- The prawn salad or the salt and pepper squid salad at Rakinos. Half size side of fries. Grapefruit juice. Bam. For serious.
- The overwhelmingly positive response to that Area 51 lookbook I helped put together. (Those shots are going nuts on tumblr.) I might just have to post the tonne of out-takes I’ve got from the day. Thanks guys.
- Hey, that ass looks familiar.
- I generally quite dislike emoticons, but this face can sometimes say things that no words ever could.. :-/
- Wow, four parking tickets this week. No words.
- Two days ago I reached down to tie my shoelace and then thought to myself, ‘hmm, that’s odd, it kind of hurts the backs of my legs to do this’, so I decided to do what I have done most of my life and see if I could put my palms flat on the ground, whilst keeping my legs straight. I could just touch the ground. Impossible! When did I become so inflexible?! This lead to a spiral of different flexibility and strength tests. Conclusion? Lack of exercise and too much blogging in the last two years has turned me into the weakest and most pathetic person alive. Five press ups and my arms pretty much gave way. Five! So pathetic! New goal? 20 press-ups, no stopping, before Wellington Fashion Week.
- Haven’t posted a What I Wore Today in over a week. I’ve been an uncommitted, unreliable, crappy instagram user. But I’m changing that! This week I’m back on it, I promise. If you believe me, feel free to follow (username: thedownlowe). If not, you’ll be missing out. I swear to god.
- Why are so many restaurants closed on a Monday?