About 20 minutes ago the new Stolen Girlfriends Club Autumn/Winter 2012 campaign imagery was presented to me, I came across this shot and had to share it with you. It’s my favourite of the lot. There are several reasons for this:
- Firstly, I really like cornflakes. Well, I don’t really eat cereal that often (read: at all) but if I were to choose any cereal in the world as my favourite, it would probably be cornflakes. They might be boring, but with a bit of sugar sprinkled on top they can really be quite delightful. But I digress. I like that they’ve used cornflakes.
- Secondly, the cornflakes are Homebrand. Extra points for this.
- Thirdly, we all know I think Georgia Fowler is a fecking good model, and it was shot by Derek Henderson and we all know Derek Henderson is my favourite New Zealand photographer.
- Fourthly, there’s just so much going on in this photo. It’s just so damn interesting, there’s a tonne of things to look at and it’s just kind of refreshing to see a campaign image that isn’t super clean and minimalist.
- Fifthly, there’s something nice about how Stolen Girlfriends Club has their brand guidelines down. They have amazing marketing skills and there’s no doubt these photos fit in perfectly with their target audience. They know the kind of image to present and they stick with it and that’s what makes them incredibly successful. High fives for that.
See some of my other favourites from the campaign and credits, below.