Wow has this season gone fast. Or maybe it’s just me? Two weeks to go and then it’s all over and I have to find something else to blog about on the weekends.
So, anyway, I kind of liked this episode. Sure, there was way too much crying, but otherwise as a general rule I thought it was a pretty good ep – the casting was a good challenge and showed us that none of the girls have spectacular walks and that Brigette and AJ’s are pretty below standard, the shoot was a challenge so we saw how they handled things under pressure, and the lesson was some agent from Next NY which is kind of legit.
But to the photos:
- Okay, hands down, no question about it, Brigette owned this week. I still think there’s something odd going on with her mouth but she looks amazing in that photo. Effortless. Like I’ve been saying all along – top two, top two, top two.
- Rosanagh is also going to be top two. I know it. Yeah, her photo is kind of weird and her leg is cropped (which actually doesn’t bother me too much) and she’s not tall enough for international runway, but look at her face. That combined with her energy puts her into the top two in my books:
- You know what? I liked Bianca before, but now I’m kind of just sick of her self-deprecating thing. It was kind of charming and funny and cute but now it’s just annoying. I know I should cut her some slack, she’s 16 for god’s sake, but come onnnn – all this talk about not wearing dresses, and not making good first impressions. Why on earth would you tell someone you’d just met and were trying to impress, that you made bad first impressions? I don’t know, it now feels like it’s gotten to the point where you have to suck it up – you’re a model, you’re gonna have to show cleavage – or just go home. Okay, and with regards to the photo – I’m not that into it. The pose looks a little forced, but the clothes look good. I just don’t know guys, what do you think? I’ve become a little indifferent but I think Bianca might just have the edge over Issy, photographically:
- The judges were right. Issy’s face is not good in this photo. Yes, she is tall, yes she can walk and yes her body pretty much owns all the other girls’, but I don’t know about the face. She’s pretty but is she a model? She definitely has the personality and energy down, but as with Bianca, I just don’t know. When I look at this photo I keep looking at that shadow on her stomach. It’s probably mean for me to point that out but it’s just what I see. That and the fact that her left hand has kind of just disappeared into the sand so it looks like it doesn’t exist. I think Issy may just get pipped by Bianca next week if we’re basing it soley on photographs… Okay I know I’ve said this a gazillion times before – but this is another shoot that disguises the fact that Issy’s head is half shaved and further proves that there was no benefit in doing it in the first place:
- Ohhhh AJ. Your time came last night and not a moment too soon. I like AJ’s face. Everybody knows that. It’s just everything else that goes along with the face… The kookiness was funny at the start, but now I’ve just become jaded and less tolerant of sob stories and I just want to get to the damn finale already. I don’t think this dress does anything for AJ. I think it would be best to cut the photo off from where her right hand is and just keep the top half, to be honest. But that doesn’t matter anymore because she’s been eliminated. Laters AJ, see you at the live finale (where the will inevitably bring back previous contestants):
That’s all folks. Kind of a low key review this week, and with only one more week of photos to comment on, I’m feeling a little sad. It’s a top three finale, and I can’t quite decide who’s going to accompany my top two picks – Rosanagh and Brigette. I’m leaning towards Bianca at the moment, but who knows, guys. We’ll just have to wait until next week.