- My mate Anouk and I went to the launch of Catroux on Friday night. Catroux is a new café and catering business in Westmere, that’s opening next week. You may or may not remember my spiel about some amazing canapés I had last week – the girl behind those is the girl behind Catroux. Watch. This. Space.
- Receiving fashion week invites. Sometimes it’s just nice to be invited. It sounds sad, but it’s almost… self validating or something. Like, ‘we think you’re worth having at our show’ and therefore you’re worthy as a person. Man, how depressing is that? ANYWAY, in saying that, there are still a few that I’m waiting on or who have decided are ‘at capacity’ (read: we don’t want you – *cough*hey Sabatini*cough*. So sad! But for all the others, so happy!
- I got so bored this weekend that I walked to town. From Mount Eden. It turns out that’s only 3.5km but still, first time I’ve walked anywhere voluntarily, in about 8 months. (Note: I counteracted the walking by eating a prosciutto, blue cheese and potato tart from Little & Friday (um, delicious) and a chocolate mousse. Gotta balance that shizz out.)
- Four positive and productive meetings this week. More on this later.
- 18 days until I leave for Paris. No joke, so excited.
- I had probably the worst driving mare of my life on Friday. So much so that I don’t really think I can go into it. Let’s just say it involves a ‘no left turn’, a one way street and four lanes of oncoming traffic. Ugh. Even that is too much information.
- Went to a Zumba class this week. First time I’ve done exercise since last September – for real. I got there and saw two models. Ugh. Ten minutes in and I wanted to go home already. Double ugh.
- Hey so any other low(e)s this week were completely eclipsed by that driving mare one, so… yeah.