- I went to the launch of Shop What’s New this week. Basically, it’s the new home for New Zealand fashion. There’s lookbooks, a whole bunch of online stores are aggregated into the one place, a Polyvore-esque lookbook section for you to create and shop looks and even editorial content. Awesome. And if you’re one of those people who likes to buy things as soon as they come out – or at least be notified as soon as you can purchase – this is the place to go. You can sign up and be alerted to brands’ new offerings as soon as they become available.
- As well as that event, I went to a couple of others. Hands down the best catering went to the Ecoya Illumniate event. Held in this beautiful candlelit room in a building down on Commerce Street, the food was delicious and plentiful. I’m talking mini burgers, mini crab cakes with avocado salsa and watercress, mini smoked snapper potato top pies, lamb cutlets, spicy peanut chicken skewers, mini kumera souffle/frittata type things, mini pavlovas with cream and strawberries… Looking for a caterer? Call Catroux immediately!
- Are you into beautiful, original photography? This week, the two boys behind that amazing blog, The Shutter Pirates, started a tumblr for you to follow. I’m expecting this stuff to go viral, so get on it now (before everyone else does). And while we’re at it, if you’re into design, hip hop and generally hearing rants related to the two, check out Sheahan Huri’s blog, ‘Young Blazer Chronicles‘. He made that poster above.
- ‘Unzipped’, on TV1. It’s a local doco series on the lead up to last year’s New Zealand Fashion Week and it is amaaaazing. It’s so great watching shows where you know the people on them. Seriously, such an amazing show. I laughed out loud. Trelise Cooper swears. Seriously. So good. Home on a Friday night? Watch it.
- The highlight of this week was being featured on bFM’s ‘Oh My Blog’ blog review section with the ever beautiful, intelligent and incredibly talented, Chelsea Jade Metcalf. The best five minutes and twenty one seconds of my life. Such kind words were bandied about. It was an incredibly kind review. So much so, I’m embarrassed to hear it (in saying that, I’ve probably heard it about 25 times since first being notified of it.) You have to listen to it, if only to hear the sweet, soothing sound of Chelsea’s voice. Do it!
- Two driving mares this week, two near crashes. Enough said.
- I broke my no-cake rule. Twice. There’s something about those tiramisu cakes at Agnes Curran that I absolutely cannot say no to.
- With all the exciting things that have happened during the week, expenses have been relatively high. I was good for so long – hardly any going out, hardly any spendage. Until this past week where I seemed to have had a mare and spent more than I have in the last month. For someone who is going overseas in less than a month and has saved close to nothing, this is not positive. Time to get back on it.