In New Zealand fashion news this afternoon:
- Michaela Steenkamp from season 2 of New Zealand’s Next Top Model, has moved from Sara’s agency, 62 models, to Red 11. Interesting. In other related news, she’s looking pretty incredible. Check out her new digi’s here.
- This season’s New Zealand’s Next Top Model contestant, Amber Douglas (voted out last Friday), is still in Auckland and will be for the next few days. She’s still repped by Ali McD in her hometown, Dunedin, and she’s still tall and thin. What she isn’t still, is blonde. She’s gone back to brunette. A good move, in my opinion. Check out her new hair in these shots from Model Go-See.
- In other New Zealand’s Next Top Model news – it has just been announced that the season 3 finale will be held live, during New Zealand Fashion Week.
- New Zealand Fashion Week is being held the week of the 29th August – 3rd September. I will be there (thanks for the prompt media accreditation NZFW!) and so will Workshop and Helen Cherry, but Kate Sylvester won’t. Insert sad face.
- New designers showing this year at NZFW include last year’s most talented newcomer winner from last year’s New Generation show, Celine Rita, and Ingrid Starnes. For the full list of designers showing, see here.
- New Zealand’s ACTUAL Top Model, Emily Baker, was interviewed by Fashion TV recently*. You have to watch it if only to see how normal she is and how strong the New Zealand accent is. (Also, because it features a small cameo by everyone’s favourite Australian model and all ’round cool girl, Dempsey Stewart.):
Happy Monday guys!
*Thanks to the commenter who notified me of this!