Let’s start off by being completely honest: Nothing really happened in Friday’s episode.
Aside from the appearance of Penny Pickard (BABE ALERT), a couple of hilarious yet slightly cutting remarks from Colin (“lose the circus freak and give us the model”, “brain – use it”, “you’re the girl who thinks they’re the sexiest girl at the party – but no one cares”) and Yanna’s reaction to the male models (somewhat cute, in a pathetic way, but mostly just embarrassing), what actually took place this episode? What did we learn?
- Firstly, these girls are kind of pathetic. The episode opens with obligatory condolences to their co-competitor just gone, Aminah. They’re sad to see her go, but mainly because she was the only one in the house who knew how to cook. Come on! 13 girls and none of them can cook?! Pathetic. Hillary claims it’s okay, because they have taco seasoning – and “that tastes good on anything”. (She’s right, but still.)
- Best personalities? Issy, Aroha and Hillary. Unfortunately, as models, I’m not sold on either of them.
- AJ is everyone’s endless source of entertainment. I suspect she plays dumber than she actually is (or at least it’s edited that way) but at least she’s provoking some kind of reaction from the audience. (‘Hipotatata’?! Seriously?) And you know what? Model-wise, I kind of like her face. So sue me.
- Amber. She’s 6′, she’s modelled a little before and she’s already signed with Dunedin agency, Ali McD yet she still can’t pull one out of the bag.
- Arihana. I haven’t really got anything new to say about her this week but what I think can mostly be explained by her outfit below:
- Brigette is definitely closest to the definition of ‘model’ in terms of looks. Great bone structure, very pretty, could definitely work commercial and editorial, tall, thin, good hair and skin. Personality wise, she’s still kind of boring. Super nice, but nice is boring for television. Also her actual modelling skills have yet to impress me – but that she can learn. You can’t learn great genes, but you can learn to model. She’s my pick for top 3.
- Teresa Moore the first week, Penny Pickard this week and Vinnie Woolsten to come next week – Sara is really making the most of the top boys and girls at her agency. But who wouldn’t?
- Yes Yanna, Seth (male model in shiny blue blazer) is a babe. Keep it together though FFS. This is national television! Get a fricken grip! (And for a bit of related shameless self-promotion, if you want to see more of Seth (and maybe even buy a sweater at the same time) visit the Isaac Likes Store!)
- Bianca is awkward, no doubt about it. I could accept that at first but now she’s bordering on annoying. Still a good photo though.
- It’s interesting to note that the ‘background’ models are new face models. (I recognise four of them as models at 62, and currently three of the four are on the new-faces board). Sakura (the part-Asian girl) out-models pretty much everyone in every photo.
- Briana face-failed in the photoshoot again. When are they going to kick that girl to the curb?
- Holly, the wildcard – super nice but did not live up to our expectations. I, personally did not really have high expectations of her (especially after they gave her that haircut) but obviously many people did, considering they had voted her in to the competition. So I guess people were disappointed. Oh well. Sh*t happens. See ya on the flip side Hollz:
TV3 continues to be unhelpful by posting tiny photos on their website every week. The kind of photos that make everyone look good because they’re so small. Thanks a fricken lot TV3. Thanks for nothing.