Girls from yesterday's Kate Sylvester casting.
Yesterday was an important day for the Kate Sylvester camp. It was the first proper day of casting for the label’s highly anticipated off-site show for RAFW. Not one to ever want to miss out on any kind of event involving amazing looking girls, tea, and a whole lot of judging (in the best possible way!) went behind the scenes to check out the modeling talent.
I arrived at apartment 417 of the Adina on Crown Street at 11:15am – an hour after the castings had begun. There were already six girls waiting inside the apartment, one outside. And for the next two hours, more and more of them kept arriving. Girl after girl after girl. There were tall girls, and short-ish girls (notably Anja Konstantinova who is 1cm shorter than me!), girls with x-factor and girls who didn’t exactly wow, girls who could walk and girls who were ‘more suited to photographs’, blonde girls, brunettes, long haired girls and girls with crops. There were girls who were definites, girls who were definite(ly) nots, and girls with potential. And among all those pretty girls that showed up (because, let’s face it, they’re models – they’re all pretty), there were some recognisable faces – including Myf Shepherd, who is back from her modeling hiatus and looking better than ever.
There’s four days until Kate Sylvester’s show. Time is ticking. The only question is: who will make the final cut?
Continue reading ‘Ever wondered what goes on at a model casting?’
Me and my buddy Simon, the last time I was in Sydney (October 2010).
Somewhere between October last year and now, I lost my suitcase-packing skills. Back in October, I was organised and calculated and I knew exactly what to take where, and how many pairs of socks I would need and everything. In January I was pretty good, I had one suitcase that took me all around Europe and America, but I did have to buy a bigger carry-on. Now it’s April and I’m going to Sydney in about three hours, and for some unexplained reason, it took me four hours to pack yesterday. I’m taking the same suitcase I took on my 7 week Great Adventure. It’s full. I have lost the inability to efficiently pack a suitcase.
I have six pairs of pants for God’s sake! Six! (This sh*t ridiculous!)
Anyhow, the point is, we all know in reality I’m only going to want to wear half of what I’ve packed, but to prove a point I will probably try to change twice a day in order to justify bringing all these clothes.
Rosemount Australian Fashion Week (RAFW) officially starts on Monday, so I’ve got nearly four whole days to properly hang out and explore the city. Got a recommendation as to somewhere I should go (that I haven’t been before)? Let me know!
PS. It is 4.30am. Note to self: You are an idiot for booking such an early flight. IDIOT.
All Images/via fashionmodel.it
I posted a few pictures of Olivia Lefebre a little while ago now – she was entering the NZFW New Talent competition. Alas, she did not win, but this is no problem! I see she has moved on to bigger and better things! I don’t know much about her – or really anything about her at all (even after a pseudo-extensive Google search), but I do know she is in Milan at the moment (thanks 62 Models blog!) which can only be a good thing.
I like her look a lot. She kind of looks like a cross between Ngahuia Williams and Derya Parlak or something. What do you think? How about those freckles?! (More pics below, and here.) I can’t quite put my finger on what I love about her, but yes, I do think she will do well. I’m going to be keeping an eye on this one.
Continue reading ‘Olivia Lefebre is one to watch.’
Emily Baker in Vogue China. Image/via models.com
I don’t know what you’re doing this Easter, but I’m in Auckland. I haven’t gone away but both my parents have and so have some of my friends. Easter is going to be a bit of a non-event – not that I ever really celebrated it in the first place – no chocolate binging or hot cross buns or nothin’. I’m going to guess a lot of you are going to be bored at home, with no stores open and surcharges at all the cafés around, so I have therefore compiled a small list of things to entertain you today:
- Firstly, read this article on selling drugs online. Then, read this article about the article. They are both incredibly interesting and informative. Ever wondered how people shoot up heroin? Well, it’s your lucky day because it’s in the article. Ever wonder what the life of a drug dealer is like? Also in the article. And both are reasonably long so they will take up your time fo’ shizzle. Get reading now!
- For a fashion fix combined with some New Zealand pride, check out Emily Baker‘s first ever Vogue spread, here.
- I have blogged about this before but I bet you guys don’t remember. It’s an online quiz game called The Impossible Quiz. It’s pretty much impossible. I have never been able to finish it, but I have spent hours and hours trying. Literally, hours. You will spend hours also. If it’s not your buzz, have a go at Magic Pen. It’s just as addictive and you get to DRAW! Hoorah!
- Wish you had gone to Coachella? Same. But I have never felt more jealous than after reading this post by Annabel at Blushing Ambition, and seeing both the Arcade Fire and Kanye West sets on youtube. Read up, watch the videos and prepare to feel envious and extreme upset that you missed out.
- Check out my photo blog. I updated it with some new pics. You can ask me a question! I will (probably) answer it! (Shameless self promotion…)
Happy Easter Friday, friends.