Monthly Archive for September, 2010
Well, cool GIRL actually. I spotted Frith on Tuesday at the World Press Photo 2010 Exhibition. She had these awesome vintage RM Williams boots on (below), and basically just looked cool.
So, I don’t come to Wellington much, but it turns out that everyone you see, you see at least three times in one day. This place is small. Either that, or everyone hangs out in the same places all the time. Last night I spotted her again, modelling in the Designer Selection show at the airport (she had awesome shoes on again). Crazy. It’s like we were meant to meet or something.
Running past the Old Bank Shopping Arcade and taking ages to decide where to go for lunch:
And finally, a decision to lunch at Rahzoo:
Verdict?: Good salads, mediocre fishcakes, delicious caramel slice.
Today I almost got swept off the wharf and into the sea. My goodness, everyone always says that Wellington is windy, but I never thought it would be so extreme. We spent the day walking around the city, looking around the shops (Good as Gold, Crane Brothers, etc) and having high tea (delicious!) Basically just checking things out.
I’ll blog the photos soon I promise, but first up, tonight I’m going to see the World of Wearable Art Awards show. I’m excited. I’ve never been before. High fives!
- I’m in Wellington (courtesy of the City of Wellington – thanks guys!) for the Montana World of Wearableart Awards show! High fives all round!
- Fashion Week! So many things I want, so much time until I am able to get them.
- Amazing models. Some of those girls (including Elena, above) really know how to have fun in front of the camera and I love them for it. When you’re constantly asking to take their photos, it’s nice to be greeted with enthusiastic girls who can work it.
- Huge 10.00pm at night feast, at Ken Yakitori. Yum.
- Kind of sick from going to Fashion Week shows all day for four days. Kind of think I might have bronchitis.
- I watched Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps last night. When I say ‘watched’ I actually mean I fell asleep in it about 6 times. Worst. Movie. Ever.
- Isaac Hindin Miller. Isaac was bossy during Fashion Week. Enough said.
Huffer last night was awesome! The show was held in the courtyard of the Owen G Glenn Building at Auckland University. There were all these lights rigged up and the catwalk was a raised square. Like a baseball diamond shape. It looked like a bit of a distance for the models to walk but awesome nonetheless. More backstage shots below.