Before I start, first of all – I pretty much love the whole collection and it was really hard to narrow it down to the favourites of my favourites, and secondly, before I go on about the things I want – I have to have that bag. Like, I want all the other things, but I need that bag. The shoulder purse is mine. I am not going through the hell I did with the boots from this winter’s collection, I’m already prepared to grab that bag as soon as it comes into stores.
So, moving on from that agressive outburst – here are my favourites from the lookbook:
1. Cardi-heaven. Textured? Check. Perfect buttons? Check. It’s got the chunky-knit thing going on, but also has the perfect amount of holey-ness to keep it light. In both long and short versions, it’ll be perfect to put over a dress, over anything! The perfect spring-summer throw-on, and it comes in cream. And we all know how much I love cream coloured clothes.
2. Daytime dresses for swanning about in. The print on the dress on the right is awesome. I’m also loving those roman-sandal-esque heels.
3. Full skirts. These kind of remind me of those Character Skirts you used to wear in ballet – you know the ones? Full and knee-length and the best kind of skirt for spinning in circles in. (For all those times that you need to spin in circles). Part 50′s, part housewife. They’d hide a multitude of sins and the rich inky navy is such a good colour – I love it paired with the striped tee. The knotted belts are sweet too, yes? They kind of remind me of Karen Walker’s.
4. Get shorty! Shorts are one of the best parts of the summer wardrobe, for me. So convenient, and paired with a casual tee – so eaasssy. Just imagine yourself, strolling to work (because you will walk to work in summer), sunglasses, tee and shorts combo. Imagine it! So carefree! So ‘I-don’t-care-I’m-just-walking-through-the-park-looking-amazing-and-getting-a-tan-so-what?’
5. The suit on my left is probably my favourite. It’s not so summery, but the cuffed pants and short-sleeves on the jacket make it a little more warm-weather-wear than your average suit. Look how it drapes! It’s all tom-boyish and just so good. I have no words. The right-hand picture? Collar + Khaki-green pants + cut-out bodysuit combo? Amazing. (Sorry, this whole post is not so articulate but it’s just been one of those days).
Ohhhh, honestly, Nasrin looks so freakin’ cool in this whole lookbook. I would be happy to look half as good as her in these clothes. Sigh.
Oh crap, I’ve just found another thing I love from the collection – the sheer, short-sleeved ‘Grace’ shirt. If you want to check it out (or any of the other things in the collection), go here!