Just say, hypothetically, like, what if on Christmas Day I get given a Lotto ticket right? And then Saturday night rolls around and I’m all tired and post-Christmas sleepy and I’m watching TV at around 8pm-ish and then the draw comes on and it suddenly occurs to me that ‘heeeyyy… THOSE numbers are MY numbers!’
Well, let me tell you now, I am expecting to receive some kind of Lotto-related gift (not because I’m presumptuous and greedy, but because I know for a FACT that I will be getting an instant kiwi at the very least – trust me) this Christmas, and IF that Lotto-related gift happens to be conveniently linked to a small sum of money, I won’t be complaining. Not at all. A wise guy once said to me “Never complain, never explain”. Unrelated but anyhow, I won’t be complaining because I will be too busy purchasing. I have thought a lot about what I would do if I ever won Lotto. Most people think about it, but I have thought a LOT about it. It is all dependent on the actual quantity of said winnings of course, but lets (for fun) say it’s gotta be at least 6 figures.
Things I would love to do if I somehow got my hands on muchas-lotto-dollars for Christmas:
- Donate. Of courrrrsseee, everyone would donate. It’s the right thing to do, right? But the real question is which Charity? Whom exactly do you donate to? I say right now I would choose Starship Hospital and the Westpac Rescue Helicopter. And maybe Lifeline. I really need to do more research as I am quite skeptical about charities. I would also need to donate money to my parents. A lot. I have thought about how much it would have cost to have me in their lives (financially AND emotionally – I can be a pain in the ass) and I need to pay it forward! (or back in this case).
- Create a Trust. And with my trust (which will NOT be called ‘katherine is awesome’ because how lame would that be, right?) I will create scholarships for high school kids and maybe something like Spark. Or maybe even some kind of creative fund for budding artists. How awesome would that be?
- Save it. Lame, lame I know, but the good girl in me just knows that a good chunk of cash needs to be invested/put somewhere I can’t reach it. My dad would be proud.
- Party. Maybe in Fiji. I’m not sure. But it sure would be nice to fly all your friends somewhere tropical to something that had great food and great drinks and great music and great accommodation and have it all be paid for so no one is left out and everyone can do whatever they always wanted without worrying about the cost. Like an all expenses paid holiday. Hmm. No, more like a wedding but without the actual getting married part. Yes. More like that. Oh.
- Pay it off. My close friends’ loans that is. Student loans – they kick people’s asses, and not in that good way y’know?
Basically I think I would do all those things until I had just enough left to buy myself treats. I’ve narrowed my ‘treats’ down to nine things (for now).
Things I would buy with my leftover muchas-christmas-lotto-dollars/List of things that make me sound greedy (in no particular order):
- Commoners Alike Linen Shirt. Yes pleaaaaase. Pre-crumpled and so comfy. Well, that is speculation as I have never actually seen the thing in real life, but I am going to assume it’s super comfy. Plus I love the pocket.
- Zimmermann Togs. I’ve already told you an epic story about my love of Zimmermann’s swimwear, and I can tell you now – my love has not subsided at all. Not one bit. I still want to buy almost everything there. But I think if I had to narrow it down, I would have to narrow it down to these two: The Moody Palm Splice one piece, and the Black bikini. Ignore the other bikini in the middle, I just can’t be bothered photoshop it out. Also, I would like to look like that girl on the left when I wear my one piece please, okay? Thanks.
- Prints. This Cut Collective ‘Trustme No Place Like Home’ print – how nostalgic yet gangsta as. I would put it in the entranceway of my house if I happened to own a house. Also, this Raymond Savignac print, ‘Loto Vacances’. Lovely.
- Karen Walker Chequerboard Ring. All the girls want the Oval Diamond & Onyx Cocktail Ring, but I want the chequerboard one. In White Gold. With the Smokey Quartz. Or the Garnet. I’m not sure. The question is, which size? And how big is too big when it comes to cocktail rings?
- Juliette Hogan Pleated Floor Skirt. Note, I do not think I am tall enough to wear this. (Damn my short genes). Also, I would want it in Navy… Maybe in cream, but definitely not pink. However, as this is a wish list of sorts, I will say as well as wishing I could have this, I also wish I was tall enough to wear it. Screw it, while I’m at it I may as well wish I looked like Derya too. (Doesn’t she look lovely?)
- Kathryn Wilson Boots. Specifically, the ‘Campbell Project Black Calf’. They’re like boys shoes, but not. They would be good for kicking. And dancing. Two things I love.
- Stefan Sagmeister’s OTHER Book. When I say ‘other’, I mean not ‘Things I have learned in my life so far’, but ‘Made you look’. I think you either love him or you hate him. I love him. He makes Graphic Design seem fun and ridiculous, and I think that’s how it should be. Because when you think about it (or anything for that matter), it is kind of ridiculous.
and here is a video of some guy who seems to be really into the book:
- Twenty Seven Names Lace Top. To be honest, I would take the shirt AND the white lace top on the right, but I think by now I would have run out of remaining funds by now. And actually, now I think about it, I would also like this Thomas Sandell Light House. Hmm. Better stick to the one lace white top on the right (the scalloped hem is beauuutiffuuul) and that’s it. I promise.
Okay this was the longest, most epic post of all time. If you are clever you will realise I have just written a Christmas wish list disguised as something else so I am not lumped into the pool of people who have already written Christmas list posts.
I congratulate all those who have gotten this far.
If you are one of the lucky ones who have endured this post, I encourage you to go further. I do really want to know what you would do if you won lotto! Would you be greedy? (Do you think I was/am being greedy?!) Would you donate it all to Charity? Do you think I am too short for the Juliette Hogan skirt?!
Happy commenting beloved readers.