We (a group of well informed top model experts) gathered around the television at 7.30pm last Friday (along with 29% of New Zealand’s 18-49 year-olds), to be greeted by the ever anticipated first episode of NZ’s Next Top Model.
So what did we think?
First thoughts from one top model expert:
1. Teryl-Leigh: Rough in the diamond, what the fuck are they going to do with her eyebrows?
2. I miss Frankie, the Janet Frame lookalike.
3. I hate Colin. Because of his hair and his overly hollowed cheekbones.
4. Why do their accents sound SOOOOOOOOO twangy.
5. Where is Tyra?
6. I hope someone gets their head shaved in the makeover episode.
The general consensus was that it was better than we thought it was going to be. Perhaps not as much drama as we would have liked, but this was only the first episode.
Personally, I am hoping that Teryl-Leigh unleashes her years worth of pent up morphine-cravings on Hosanna.
More next week…