Kirsty Godso in the Nike Flyknit Zoom Agility (her favourite workout shoe). Photo/Supplied.
- A.P.C FW15-16. Simple, boyish, easy.
- The other day I went to the Mercedes Benz Presents designer announcement and a couple of great things happened, including being served a fried white bait sandwich and a scallop with a shaving of truffle on top, and Kate Sylvester receiving the prestigious award. In her speech, Kate said they’d been working hard on a Northern Hemisphere show! How great is that?! Anyway, congratulations to Kate Sylvester and big ups to Mercedes Benz for the French Café canapés which turned out to be my dinner for the night.
- It was my little brother‘s birthday on Tuesday, happy birthday buddy!
- I feel like I have probably talked about this before and I’ve definitely put it on my snapchat story (PLUG: If you want to see my shit you can add me @thedownlowe) but for anyone who missed it, try this: get some sweet, crunchy biscuit of some kind and crush it up. Whip some cream, slightly more than you would normally, past the soft peaks stage. Roughly chop up some dark chocolate. Mix the whole lot together. Add like, half a teaspoon of maple syrup if you like. This is my shit, man. It’s so gross but it’s so good.
- Kirsty Godso (pictured) launched her very first workout on the Nike N+TC app (if you don’t have it you can get it free, here) and as part of the launch a few of us lucky (unlucky? lol) people got to go up the Sky Tower at 7:00am and go through the workout with her. She f*cked us up, man. That workout is pretty high intensity. I suggest you try it if you’re trying to shred because all the burpees and tuck jumps will definitely increase your strength and agility and burn mad calories. I mean, this is how she works and LOOK AT HER.
- Speaking of workouts, I was pretty spoilt for choice this week. New Balance launched their Vazee shoe on Tuesday and took some media and whatever-you-call-me type people through a workout to test out the shoe. This involved shuttle runs and press ups and lots of competitive group exercise, all the while with a camera in your face. Not easy, but I can vouch for the comfort of the shoe.