Emma Boyd (Clyne) backstage at Stolen Girlfriends Club’s NZFW show. Photo/James K Lowe.
- Fashion Week! I got super tired and grumpy on Thursday night but what a great week in terms of working (relatively…) hard and having fun and seeing lots of people I don’t see often and you know, generally having a good time. I wore clothes I felt comfortable in for the first time at any fashion week, I got all the things done on time that I wanted to have done (and all the things that I needed to have done for others) and me and James didn’t kill each other in the process. HOORAY for NZFW!
- These cute pyjama shorts and the story behind them.
- I went to the movies with my mom tonight and we saw Boyhood. I’d heard about it but I hadn’t read the synopsis which is rare for me – I kind of hate watching movies without knowing what they’re about – so I was feeling kind of nervy. Anyway, it was a really great film. Super long – like, over 2.5 hours but really cool. The best part is that nothing really happens but so much of it feels real and relatable. I almost cried at one point, and I don’t cry much in movies (except Armageddon – the scene where Bruce Willis goes off to die to save the world and Liv Tyler is all “daddy, don’t leave!” gets me every time).
- Being extremely busy. It feels like you’re achieving things in the world.
- This time next week I’ll be in Boston! (I hope.) At the very least I should be in America and that is pretty cool in itself.
- Orange Is The New Black is now on demand!
- People who do the Ice Bucket Challenge and don’t donate. For what?